Community rules & guidelines
CBVA members of all levels (beginners to professional) are welcome on all courts. We do not have courts designated to certain skill levels and there are no courts designated to only women, or only men.
However, please be mindful of your skill level – it is suggested you challenge teams/players of a similar level in order for everyone to have the greatest chance of enjoying games.
Please follow the below rules & guidelines:
- Absolutely no members are to consume alcohol around the nets
- Help set up, take down and store CBVA equipment and keep volleyball areas clean at all times.
- To queue to play on courts with permanent poles, please use your magnetic CBVA member card.
- To queue to play on courts with portable nets, place your CBVA member card in the sand next to the poles of the net.
- If there is a queue at a court, members can only play 2 games in a row, and then must return to the back of the queue. In order for everyone to have the greatest chance of enjoying games, it is suggested members challenge teams/players of a level similar.
- If 8 or more people are queuing for one court, matches will be until 15 points. During busy periods, Board members can request teams to change format to King of the Court.
- At least one membership card per team is required to queue to play. Board members can request teams to queue in a specific court to improve waiting times or game quality.
We are a community of people of all different backgrounds, cultures and ages, who all share a love for beach volleyball. Please respect one another on and off the courts.
Have fun and see you on the beach!